messagingtoolkit is a .NET C# messaging library that can be used to send and receive messages using any ETSI 07.05 compliant GSM modem or phone handset connected to the PC serial port through serial cable, infrared or bluetooth. It can also be used to send and receive MMS using MM1 protocol, and SMS using SMPP protocol.
Some of the features of the library
- Send SMS
- Read incoming SMS
- Send MMS
- Read MMS
- Send WAP Push message
- Send vCalendar, vCard
- Send Flash SMS
- Send Picture SMS
- Send OTA bitmap, ringtone, operator logo, or custom Smart SMS
- Send QR Code or any other kinds of barcodes like EAN-8 or EAN-13
- Send and receive Class 1, Class 2, Class 3 7 bit ANSI, 8 bit-ANSI, or 16-bit Unicode messages
- Send QRCode as Picture SMS
- Send QRCode through MMS
- Flexibility to set content as string or byte array for binary SMS
- Read and set various information on the phones. E.g. SMSC, battery level, network parameters
- Read and delete messages from the phones
- Dial, answer and hang up call
- Detect incoming call, and automatically hang up the call
- Support USSD
- Read and write to phone book
- Export SMS from phone/GSM modem
- Export phone book
- Built-in multiple gateways suport, which means you can use more than 1 GSM modems at one time, and the messages are routed and load balanced among all the gateways
- Basic routing and load balancing (round robin) are built-in, and you can define your own routing and load balancing rules by overriding the default class
- Ability to define group of destination numbers so that messages can be sent in bulk easily
- Ability to detect gateway disconnection and route message to active gateway
- Delayed message sending
- Run-time debug mode
- Persisted queue
There is also a demo program which shows all the essential features of the library.
Bulk Gateway is another program using the core library which you can use to send SMS and WAP Push messages in bulk.
There is also an open source SMS application server being developed using the library. You can check it out here
You can see the screenshots in the WiKi.
The latest version can be downloaded here
For the older version that is written in VB.NET, you can still download it from http://www.twit88.com/home
New release of MessagingToolkit coming soon
We are working on the new version of messagingtoolkit to expose the APIs to various languages.
NuGet Packages Available Now!
NuGet packages are now available for bot MessagingToolkit and MessagingToolkit Barcode libaries.
Subproject MessagingToolkit-PDU with Windows 8 support
Do check out the release of messagingtoolkit PDU library
Windows 8 Support coming soon
We are currently working on the next release which supports Windows 8 applications.
MessagingToolkit 126.96.36.199 is released
Version 188.8.131.52 is out with a few bug fixes.